Published on Monday, 10 July 2017 05:00
Listen to Episode #23
In this Episode: I specific questions about the 2017 Texas Legislative Session
- In The Crosshairs:Did We Get Shut-Out By the Texas Legislature?
- In the News: 1) The Executive Director of anti-gun Texas Gun Sense resigns; 2) NRA launches Carry Guard self-defense insurance and Carry Guard Training.
- Guns & Gear: Reloading – What is realistic in terms of production rate?
- Today’s Safety Tip: Don’t Let a Squib Load Ruin Your Gun or Your Day!
- Q&A: 1) Is the “Fines for Signs” law being abused; 2) do you think “Constitutional Carry” will ever pass in Texas; 3) I don’t want to carry my handgun in my purse, but holsters put the grip in my ribs. What is the answer; 4) The LTC license fee goes down to $40 on 9/1/17. Can I take the LTC course before that and still get the lower fee?
Cited In This Episode
2017 Texas Legislative Bills passed:
- SB16 – Lowers LTC fees
- SB263 – Removed minimum caliber requirement for LTC Course
- SB1566 – Guns in teachers’ cars
- SB2065 - Volunteer church security personnel
Texas Penal Code provisions cited in episode:
Equipment referenced in episode:
Squib load and hang-fire videos: