Published on Monday, 30 May 2016 09:00
Listen to Episode #13
In this Episode:
- In The Crosshairs: The 2016 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits a/k/a Convention
- In The News: UPDATE: AG Opinion K-89 regarding the Lavaca-Navidad River Authority’s authority to ban open-carry; NRA Board election and recall petition results;
- Q&A: Listeners are asking about three subjects: 1) the TexasCHLforum.com; 2) how to find out about gun laws in other states when traveling; and 3) how to subscribe to the TFC Podcast so you get notification automatically.
- Today’s Safety Tip: The potential danger of squib loads and how to prevent injury or damage to your gun.
- Your NRA: The Civil Rights Defense Fund – it’s mission, impact and funding.
In The Crosshairs:
In this episode I will be discussing the 2016 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, more commenly referred to as the 2016 NRA Convention.
In the News:
- Update: AG Opinion regarding the Lavaca-Navidad River Authority request asking if it has the authority to prohibit open-carry on any of the property it controls.
- 2016 NRA Board elections are over.
Your NRA: The NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund
- Fund’s Mission
- Funding of the CRDF
- How the Fund works
- "I understand you own the TexasCHLform.com. When did it start and what was the motivation?;”
- "I have a Texas CHL and I went to Kentucky for the NRA convention. I was nervous about Kentucky gun laws, so I left my gun in my hotel room. How do I find out what gun laws are in other states?
- "How can I subscribe to the TFC Podcast? I’m just checking the TFC website to see if a new episode has been released and I’d like to get it automatically.
Today’s Safety Tips: How to deal with "squib loads."