Published on Wednesday, 04 May 2016 12:58
Listen to Episode #11
In this Episode:
- In The Crosshairs: Respect & Empower the Most Law-Abiding of Texans;
- In The News: Tex. AG sending warning letters to government officials - obey the law;
- History of Concealed-Carry in Texas: The final installment in the series: History of concealed-carry in Texas;
- Guns & Gear: CajunGunWorks and the CZ75 series pistols.
In The Crosshairs:
In this episode I will be discussing the need to remove unnecessary and potentially dangerous restrictions on the most law-abiding of Texans – i.e. those with a Texas CHL or LTC. Also covered is how this change will thwart attempts by dishonest local officials to violate Texas law.
Documents Cited in this Episode's In The Crosshairs Segment:
In the News:
Texas Attorney General sends warning letters to governmental entities.
History of CHL/LTC in Texas:
In the final ainstallment of the History of Conceale-Carry in Texas, we will look at several bills passed in the 2015 Texas Legislative Session. Three bills directly impacted CHL or LTCs, and one indirectly impacts these folks.
Concealed-Carry Bills & Documents Cited in this Episode's History of CHL in Texas - 2013 Tex. Leg. Session:
- HB 910 – By Chairman Phillips - Open-carry by LTC’s;
- SB 11 – By Sen. Birdwell – Campus-carry;
- SB 273 – By Sen. Campbell – “Fines for Signs;”
- HB 554 – By Rep. Springer – Defense for possessing a firearm in the secured area of airports
Guns & Gear:
- Aaron Heath’s Gun Rights in Texas Podcast;
- Support the effort to remove most off-limits areas for LTCs by joining and supporting the TFC;
- Sign up for TFC email and eNewsletters to stay informed;
- Subscribe to the TFC Podcast by going to iTunes and searching for "Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast;"
- Check your local shooting ranges and clubs and see what’s going on in your area this week;
- Thanks for joining us and we hope you are with us for future episodes.