Published on Wednesday, 27 April 2016 11:00
Listen to Episode #10
In this Episode:
- In The Crosshairs: Kids & Guns Don’t Mix -Or Do They?
- In The News: Guns In Texas Psychiatric Hospitals.
- Q&A: 1) Do I need to take another class to carry openly; 2) Should I subscribe to a pre-paid legal program or get self-defense insurance?
- History of Concealed-Carry in Texas: Another installment of the History of concealed-carry in Texas. The 2013 Texas Legislative Session
In The Crosshairs:
In this episode I discuss the issue of whether, when and how kids sould have supervised access to firearms.
In the News:
Texas’ government-owned psychiatric hospitals cannot ban handgun possession by persons holding a Texas License to Carry a Handgun;
Information cited in this episodes' In the News:
History of CHL/LTC in Texas:
In addition to other pro-gun bills, the 2013 Texas Legislative Session saw the passage of three bills that directly benefit Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees! They were:
Concealed-Carry Bills & Documents Cited in this Episode's History of CHL in Texas - 2013 Tex. Leg. Session:
- HB48 – By Dan Flynn repealing the requirement to take a renewal course to renew a CHL;
- HB698 by Drew Sprinter providing an alternative to digital fingerprinting for people living in very small counties;
- HB3142 by Cecil Bell, Jr. removing the revolver v. semi-auto distinction.
- SB299 by Craig Estes that 1) clarified the offense of a CHL failing to conceal their handgun; and 2) legislatively overruling a horrible Dallas Court of Appeals case in McDermott v. State;
- SB864 – By Dan Flynn reducing the initial CHL class from a minimum of 10 hours to 4 hours, exclusive of range time;
- SB1907 by Glenn Hegar that extended to so-called Employer Parking Lot law to all colleges and universities for students who have a CHL. (Applies to both public and private schools.);
- Do I need to take another class to carry openly;
- Why are there no ads on the TexasCHLforum.com;
- Should I subscribe to a pre-paid legal program or get self-defense insurance?
- The YAPL match at PSC Shooting Club in Friendswood 5/15/16, beginning at 2:00PM;
- YAPL optional practice days (OPD) begin Tue., April 26th; register at PSC-Range.com
- The PSC Women’s Program at PSC Shooting Club for Saturday, May 14th has been cancelled due to a schedule conflict;
- Check your local area for shooting events and get to the range for some practice;
- NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits are in Louisville, KY May 19th - 22nd. Book now!!!
- Sign up for TFC email and eNewsletters
- Subscribe to the TFC Podcast by going to iTunes and searching for "Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast"
- Thanks for joining us and we hope you are with us for future episodes.