Published on Monday, 18 April 2016 15:20
Listen to Episode #9
In this Episode:
- In the Crosshairs: A Law to Make Gov. Officials Abide by the Law;
- Your NRA: Attempt to repeal the federal Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act;
- Q&A: Time to process LTC applications; Minimum age to take LTC course; Women, guns & purses;
- Another installment of The History of Concealed-Carry in Texas focusing on 2011 legislative session.
In The Crosshairs:
In this episode I discuss the SB273 by Sen. Campbell that passed in the 2015 Texas Legislative Session creating large daily fines for dishonest local officials.
Information cited in this episodes' In the Crosshairs:
In the News:
History of CHL/LTC in Texas:
In addition to other pro-gun bills, the 2011 Texas Legislative Session saw the passage of three bills that directly benefit Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees! They were:
Concealed-Carry Bills & Documents Cited in this Episode's History of CHL in Texas:
- HB 25 - Allows the possession of handguns in a personal watercraft without a license;
- HB 2560 - Protects the rights of foster parents who have a license to carry a handgun.
Honorable Mention: SB321 by Sen. Hegar - Employer Parking Lot Bill; SB766 by Sen. Estes - Texas sport shooting range protection bill
- Why is DPS taking so long to process applications for a License to Carry a Handgun?
- Why do you harp on women not carrying their handguns in their purses?
- Can my 20 year old take the LTC Class prior to his 21st birthday?
- The YAPL match at PSC Shooting Club in Friendswood 5/15/16, beginning at 2:00PM;
- The PSC Women’s Program at PSC Shooting Club May 14th at 8:30;
- Check your local area for shooting events and get to the range for some practice;
- NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits are in Louisville, KY May 19th - 22nd. Book now!!!
- Join or donate to the NRA, especially the NRA/ILA – your 2A rights depend upon a well-funded ILA;
- Sign up for TFC email and eNewsletters
- If you like the TFC Podcasts, please considering supporting the Texas Firearms Coalition with a donation or becoming a sustaining Supporter. You can do so by going to www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com and clicking on “Support TFC” link in the main menu.
- Subscribe to the TFC Podcast by going to iTunes and searching for "Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast"
- Thanks for joining us and we hope you are with us for future episodes.