Published on Tuesday, 05 April 2016 10:36
Listen to Episode #7
In this Episode:
- In the Crosshairs: Should I Consider Reloading?
- In the News: Texas License to Carry Handgun Applications Still Soaring; Texas AG letters
- Q&A: LTC Eligibility; Handguns in Cars; Is SB273 Being Enforced?
- Another installment of The History of Concealed-Carry in Texas focusing on 2007 legislative session.
In The Crosshairs:
In this episode I discuss making your own ammunition and how this can either save you money, or allow you to shoot more while spending the same amount of money.
Information cited in this episodes' In the Crosshairs:
In the News:
The Texas License to Carry a Handgun applications are swamping the DPS. The LTC Division is working 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Texas Attorney General is sending letters to governmental officianls accused of violating the law by posting unenforceable Tex. Penal Code §30.06 signs.
History of CHL/LTC in Texas:
In addition to other pro-gun bills, the 2005 Texas Legislative Session saw the passage of three bills that directly benefit Texas Conceaeled Handgun Licensees! They were:
Concealed-Carry Bills & Documents Cited in this Episode's History of CHL in Texas:
- HB 991 Prevents any person or entity, other than criminal justice agencies, from obtaining information about CHL/LTC's;
- SB 535 Protects the right of CHL/LTC's to possess handguns on property managed by teh Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA).
Honorable Mention: HB1815 Motorist Protection Act (unlicensed car-carry); SB112Emergency Powers Act (no New Orleans style gun confiscation); SB378 Castle Doctrine (and so much more!).
- License to Carry a Handguns eligibility;
- Is it legal to have a handgun in your car without a license;
- Is SB273 dealing with unenforceable signs being enforced.
Links to laws and information discussed in the Q&A segment:
- The YAPL match at PSC Shooting Club in Friendswood 4/15/16, beginning at 2:00PM;
- The PSC Women’s Program at PSC Shooting Club April 9th at 8:30;
- Check your local area for shooting events and get to the range for some practice;
- Join or donate to the NRA, especially the NRA/ILA – your 2A rights depend upon a well-funded ILA;
- Sign up for TFC email and eNewsletters
- If you like the TFC Podcasts, please considering supporting the Texas Firearms Coalition with a donation or becoming a sustaining Supporter. You can do so by going to www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com and clicking on “Support TFC” link in the main menu.
- Subscribe to the TFC Podcast by going to iTunes and searching for "Texas Firearms Coalition Podcast"
- Thanks for joining us and we hope you are with us for future episodes.